Wednesday, September 26, 2007

my school




Wow, I have been really delinquent about blogging! The days are flying by...here are some pictures of my university, Nanjing Shifan Daxue (Nanjing Normal University). It has a reputation for having one of the most beautiful campuses in Asia. These are some of the main teaching buildings, and also the front gate, where I buy my warm soy milk in the morning on my way to class. Classes start at eight o'clock sharp every morning, and go until 12. After four hours of learning Chinese, my head is usually swimming. But it's cool, I'm starting to think and dream in a bizarre bastardized Chinglish!
I'm going to try to be better about blogging, but I probably won't be as active as I was in Hunan...I miss having time to take pictures and write about my days...there's a vacation coming up next week, and my mom is coming out to travel around with me. I'm taking her to Hunan to see my old stomping grounds, so stay tuned for Xintang: The Return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, this is truly a gorgeous campus! What is that color so predominant? GREEN?!! Huge trees and lawns?! That is really a luxury in China, and must make for a peaceful place. The buildings remind me of "Beida" (Peking University). I love the NU gate, again in comparison with 1992, the ones in Beijing had armed guards.
Can hardly wait to walk the campus with you, thanks for sharing!
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

It sounds like you're keeping busy. Have a fabulous time with your mom!